Located in Shaker Heights, Ohio in the metropolitan area of Cleveland, Shaker Clinic is the foremost outpatient service provider of mental healthcare for adults and seniors ages 65 and older. Offering comprehensive treatment and follow-up services that are designed to relieve symptoms of mental health conditions while offering support that maximizes patients’ lives, Shaker Clinic offers the following services, of which are individualized to meet each patient’s needs and language of choice, including Russian, Ukrainian, Hebrew, and French:
- Mental Health Assessments
- Case Management
- Behavioral Health Counseling
- Pharmapsychological Management
We are also pleased to offer Community Psychiatry Support Treatment (CPST) and Intensive Home-Based Treatment (IHBT). These services are delivered in patients’ homes and afford those engaged in these services with invaluable mental healthcare and support that benefit patients and their families.
Our qualified and trained staff of psychiatrists, clinical counselors, social workers, registered nurses, and other experienced personnel, of whom are also bilingual, diligently work to preserve patients’ independence and avoid the need for hospitalization or transfer to a nursing home setting.
For the past 12 years, we have been offering such quality services by redefining the way mental healthcare is administered. We primarily utilize Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) in the following methods for care, of which can be part of a patient’s Individualized Service Plan (ISP):
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Family Therapy (on an as needed basis)
These methods are implemented to help those who are suffering from memory loss, mood disturbances, anxiety disorders, grief and loss, as well as behavioral concerns. We have an unmatched dedication to providing advanced care with the utmost of compassion for all who come to us for services and pride ourselves in being a reliable resource to the community. We also closely collaborate with other agencies and service providers to make sure that all of our patient’s needs are met and cared for in the most effective way possible.
We currently serve over 1000 clients and complete 120 home visits each day through our home-based services programs. Additionally, younger adults who are in need of care can also come to Shaker for treatment when their needs meet the services that we provide. At Shaker Clinic, we work to improve the lives we touch.
Our Values are what truly make us stand out. They include:
- Family: We treat each other like family, and we empathize with and support the families who have a loved one with a mental illness.
- Service: We treat our internal and external customers the way we would want to be treated, being especially responsive to the needs of concerned and sensitive family members whose loved one is in our care.
- Exceptional Patient Outcomes: We diligently measure our quality of care and resulting outcomes to improve treatment delivery systems and processes that impact those outcomes.
- Ethics: We uphold the highest standards of ethical behavior at all times.
- Easy Access and Efficient Mental Healthcare: We make it easy for people who need care to access our treatment programs, and we are committed to improve the relationship between cost and treatment output.
- Education and Training: We pledge to hire and develop those most qualified in our service industry.
- Altruism: We give back to the communities in which we operate. Our people volunteer time, talent and treasure for charitable causes, especially for the mentally ill in our communities.